Disclosure Statement

This policy is valid from 20 February 2011. http://harlemlook.net is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

We are employed by or consult with: http://www.izea.com. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org

Blog Archive

Tuesday, July 31

A Typical Wall St High Flyer

People on Wall St., and even in the companies that service them don't want to face that the bubble is (nearly) over. Take Beatrice, a successful woman who runs a temp services company:

When I had Howard write a sketch autobiography for me, I didn't know what to expect. It was for an article for the newsletter of AARP, of anecdotes about interesting and usually successful people. For him it wasn't a particularly high paying job, and about 1000 words long.
I have to admit, I have been quite successful. Not too many girls go from being a single mother, in the slums of Brooklyn, to owning and operating a multi-million dollar a year Secretarial and Office Skills Agency in Downtown Manhattan. And look at my huge apartment today. I have a ballroom fit for a queen, and who would imagine that I can dance like I do. I could see the incredulity on Howard's face when my dance instructor came over and he and I proceeded to dance. Oh yes, I love Mozart and Beethoven, and Strauss Waltzes, but what I can really sink my teeth into is a good tango. If I would have remembered to buy a rose, I could have literally ended with it clinched between my teeth, as I did the last dance dip.
Howard is not a bad operative, but I really don't understand him at all. When he starts babbling about politics or related stuff, I could just slap him.
Anyway, it was nice to meet him at one of my little luncheons for my friends and employees. Lunches with my workers are highly amusing. And, by keeping on friendly terms with the employees, more of the good ones can remain on my payroll.
I know that my business is beginning to run down, and I have to take some measures to rev it up again, but by September, when I hire a new salesperson, things should start moving, and the fun has just begun!!!

No comments: