Disclosure Statement

This policy is valid from 20 February 2011. http://harlemlook.net is a personal blog written and edited by me. This blog accepts forms of cash advertising, sponsorship, paid insertions or other forms of compensation.

The compensation received may influence the advertising content, topics or posts made in this blog. That content, advertising space or post may not always be identified as paid or sponsored content.

We are employed by or consult with: http://www.izea.com. To get your own policy, go to http://www.disclosurepolicy.org

Blog Archive

Thursday, February 9

Eat More Chicken?

This guest post from Lewis Beck The other day I was on the computer looking for satellite TV service on satellitetvmadisonwi.com. While I was browsing for good deals for our service, I happened to do my twice-daily glance through my Facebook News Feed. Skimming down the page of people ranting and raving over friend drama, their minute-to-minute check-ins, and new baby pictures, my attention was drawn to a photo someone had shared. At first glance, this picture looks harmless enough. It is a shot of a strawberry-pink concoction in a tube shape being run through some sort of machine. The caption asked if you could guess what McDonald’s food this was. Too easy, I thought! It’s a strawberry shake!! I clicked on the “more” link for the caption. What I read chilled me to the bone. That pink mixture was actually processed chicken that McDonald’s uses for all of their chicken products. To get this mixture, the entire chicken (bones, guts, and all) is fed through a processor that grinds all of the ingredients in with the actual meat. Because of the fact that all of these parts are processed together, the entire mixture must be soaked in ammonia to kill the bacteria. From there, it is reformulated with chicken flavoring to offset the ammonia taste, and dyed a natural chicken-color before it is shaped into nuggets and patties. I was literally sick. That was all I needed to see to never, ever eat from McDonald’s again!

No comments: